Sunday, October 7, 2012

Welcome Matte

Matte makeup. It's a trend that swept the nation last Spring. Well, today I was bored and I needed to do my makeup for church this evening, so that's what I did! Actually, I researched makeup looks be I wanted something new and different. I came across a picture of Bella Thorne and immediately knew what I wanted to do: this matte look!

Here are the steps to get this look.

Step 1: apply moiturizer and primer. I actually mixed my aloe cream and E.L.F. mineral infused primer together to create a very shine-free base. I blotted away any extra before moving on to step 2.

Step 2: apply foundation and set with loose powder. I used L'oreal True Match in porcelain (W1) and Artistry Loose Powder in Medium.

3: apply a very small amount of gold shadow to you entire eye, followed by a very small amount of matte brown shadow to add some contour in your crease. I used a golden-pink shimmer shade from a Barbie Stila palette and a deep brown from the Wet'n'Wild palette "Floating On a Cloud". I used very, very little.

Step 4: line eyes with a dark brown gel liner. I used Essence gel eyeliner.

Step 5: take loose powder and dab it on the eyes, creating an even more shine-free look.

Step 6: apply a few coats of mascara. I used one by Wet'n'Wild called MegaLash.

Step 7: brush on a powder blush. I used the blush from ICING by Claire's City Nights palette.

Step 8: exfoliate lips and apply a matte lipcolor. If you don't have one, use a gloss or lipstick and brush powder over it. I used E.L.F. Matte Lipcolor in natural and some loose powder over it.

Viola! You're done! You've rolled out the Welcome Matte.

No comments:

Post a Comment