Sunday, October 7, 2012

Good Morning, Sunshine!

Today I had to wake up at 5:10 AM. Almost needless to say, I am exausted. But, I still did my makeup! After applying foundation and powder, I focused on my eyes. They looked a tad bit puffy, but I couldn't fix that. All the way. I've learned a few "wakeup makeup" tricks from my used-to-be makeup artist/dealer mom, my friends, books and magazines and, of course, the good old internet, so I was ready for this challenge.

I started out with a shimmery light pink from a Wet 'n' Wild eye makeup pallette. I then applied a rose gold to my crease and the outer edge of my top eyelid. I finished my shadow application with a white-cream highlight on the brownbone.

Then I moved on to eyeliner application. I took a grey-black and lined the top of the lashline, continuing across the entire top eyelid. I took a creme shadow in a beige and lined the lower waterline. I then lined my below the waterline with the grey-black liner and blended them a bit together. A coat of mascara finished it off.

After a powder/foundation touch-up, I used bronzer. I dipped a big puffy brush in the compact, blew off excess and brush it on to wherever the sun would hit (nose, forehead, chin, cheeks) with a bit more color on the cheeks for a rosy glow. On top on that, I added a brighter rose pink blush on the apples of my cheeks.

A pink gloss completes this look. Good morning, Sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment